MoD DE&S (Contracted via Symonds, Serco & Babcock), Bristol
04/1998 to 09/2010
Help Desk Analyst rising to FWH System Controller & Technical Support Manager
- Support and Development of MoD Time & Attendance accounting & HR system.
- Support and Development of Real Time RFID Safety System.
- 1st & Second Line Technical Support & Analysis to MOD Services Contract.
- Management of incident log including problem solving and communication of progress to customer and negotiation with technical sources.
- Co-ordination of customer policy requirement with customer, vendors and other stakeholders to point of delivery. Typically including generating requirement, project scope, delivery planning, customer communication and user manual documentation.
- Training of HR Administrators in use of Crown Computing’s Open Options package and Remote Access Tools
- Influencing customer in their development of their deployment of services and technology.
- Presenting seminars and training and business cases concerning upgrades of existing software and new software to all part of the customer.
- Ad Hoc fixes and support such as Creating Access Databases using VBA, ODBC to other data sources, Macros, custom data analysis from SQL, Progress and CSV.
- Data cleansing and migration usually to SQL from Legacy or Redundant Technology.
Key Achievements :
- Successful Implementation of Helpdesk.
- Delivery of Time Accounting System to customer despite extreme end user resistance.
- Delivery of RFID safety system despite severe logistical and policy difficulties.
- 12 Year continuous delivery of 1st and 2nd line support and analysis.
- Successful contract compliance to MoD Dii requirements.
- Remote Delivery of corporate SAP system to MoD desktops using Citrix & Terminal service.
- Successful marriage of various COTS products with specific MoD Policy & Requirement.
- Becoming the UK’s only independent accredited trainer for Crown Computing Open Options.
- Adapting successfully to the new demands of a role that requires public speaking, training and presentation skills.